Our Church Story
On October 15, 2006, the church moved to its new campus in Tierrasanta. Our beautiful new 7,000 square feet sanctuary seats 325 people, and our spacious 18,000 square foot Fellowship Hall with a grand view of the canyon seats 350.
After 135 years of leadership and service to the Chinese Community, the Church continues to provide a place of worship and fellowship in San Diego. The current congregation is a diverse cross-section of the community with services conducted in English.
- The Holy Scriptures are divinely inspired, entirely trustworthy, and constitute our only supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- There is one God, creator of all things, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ lived a perfect life and died a painful death as our substitute for our sins. On the third day, God raised him from the dead. When sinful people repent of their sins and trust in him who is the way, the truth, and the life, we are saved from God’s wrath and regenerated by the Holy Spirit, who gives us new life.
- The Church, which is the body of Christ, consists of all true believers – every person within whom the Holy Spirit dwells.
- The Holy Spirit enables Christians to live holy lives and to love one another. The Spirit also gives us spiritual gifts and empowers us to carry forward Jesus’ work in our world. When we serve in cooperation with the Holy Spirit, Christ’s Church is built up and his Kingdom advances.
- Eventually – maybe soon – Jesus Christ will return to judge both the living and the dead. Those who are saved will be resurrected to enjoy eternal life with God.
Simply, our mission is to “advance the gospel”.
Our mission is to fulfill the Great Commission,
to be disciples of Jesus Christ and
to make disciples of Jesus Christ,
of children, youth, and adults
in our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and world!
See Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8.
In order to accomplish our mission, with God’s help, we will serve as:
1. a worshipping and praying congregation
2. a peacemaking congregation, encouraging people to be reconciled with God and with one another
3. a discipling and equipping congregation that strives to work with the Holy Spirit to shape the hearts of current and emerging leaders
4. a mission-minded congregation dedicated to reaching our community and world with the gospel
Our Church will be a place…
• where the weary find rest in Jesus
• where the hungry receive nourishment from the Bread of Life
• where the broken experience Jesus’ healing touch
• where the aimless find purpose and meaning for life